Thursday, July 21, 2016

Little Bird


Little bird, with us you were placed,

With a wounded wing
And a weary face,
A broken family, 
A broken heart,
In the system before your life did start.
Weighed down by sorrow, grief and strife,
It's all you've known in your short life
You're scared and confused 
But do you know?
I believe in you and I love you so.
Big brown eyes,
Filled with fear,
Seen too much in your few years.
You've paid the price for adult mistakes,
At the mercy of others to decide your fate.
Precious child, do you know?
I believe in you and I love you so.
My heart is conflicted
With both hope and fear.
I turn away so you can't see my tears.
I pray for answers.
What more can I do?
How can I be a strength for you?
Please let me help you,
do you know?
I believe in you
And I love you so.
Hearts can be mended
Through the power of love.
Prayers can be answered
From heaven above.
You can be whatever you choose.
You've broken the cycle
You can't lose.
You're going to survive this
I hope you know,
I believe in you
And I love you so.
From mummy Beth x




Written by Beth Campbell Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment